Thursday 29 March 2012

Books and Plays

So I finished writing a brief outline for my story and started on name choosing. It is really hard!!!!!  Some names you come up with straight away but other characters refuse to be named. Other names look really good but don't fit with the feel of your story. Eventually I came up with a character list with some really good names and more importantly I liked them.

I haven't started actual writing yet though partly because I'm also writing a script for my drama company's upcoming show and partly because I can't seem to get the full vision I have in my head on paper. I kept scrapping my prologues and getting really frustrated with myself. I want this book to worth someone taking the time reading and I think I might just be putting a little too much pressure on myself to get it perfect.

The script writing is so much easier because you don't have to describe what people or buildings or anything looks like. The audience gets to see all that with their eyes. All you have to do is write entertaining dialogue and give minor directions to the actors so that they know what's going on. It's also easy because we are brainstorming for the play as a group and therefore I'm simply putting the ideas into a story rather than having to come up with all ideas myself.

Oh and I was at the library yesterday and decided to get the last 8 books in The Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket out. I don't know why I did it as I don't even like them that much but I will finally be able to finish the series that I think I started three years ago.




2 comments:

  1. If you can write a book to the level of Paolini I will be really impressed with you! (For the record I think you could do even better...)

    ReplyDelete