Friday 23 March 2012

:'(

*Warning this blog goes absolutely no where...*

I was just reading my least favourite part of the history of Middle Earth a.k.a The Silmarillion. It's the battle known as the Nirnaeth Arnoediad which means Unnumbered tears. Pretty much all the surviving cool Elven Lords from the last four battles are killed and most of my favourite men also die..... Morgoth (for non Lord of The Rings fans he was Sauron's master) absolutely annihilates the elvish armies and..... Well it's really sad.. :(

Here is an excerpt "But now in the western battle Fingon and Turgon were assailed by a tide of foes thrice greater than all the force left to them. Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, high-captain of Angband, was come; and he drove a dark wedge between the Elvenhosts, Surrounding King Fingon and thrusting Turgon and Hurin towards the Fen of Screech. Then he turned upon Fingon. That was a grim meeting. At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead around him; and he fought Gothmog until another Balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him. Then Gothmog hewed him with  his black axe, and a white flame sprang from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven. Thus fell the High King of the Nolder; and they beat him into the dust with their maces, and his banner, blue and silver, they trod into the mire of his blood."

Fingon was like one of my absolute favourite characters!!!!!!!!!!! And they killed him....... (If I was a female I probably would have sobbed uncontrollably after reading this part of the book but cause I'm a guy I just pretended I had something in my eye.......) 

I'm leaving for work now so I'm going to post this even though I don't really like it. I hope you're having a brilliant day!! :D









2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so now I understand what "Balrog of Morgoth" means. (omg don't hit me for not being a real fan >.<)

    That's a really graphic and sad way to describe him facing his doom. I don't like reading sad stuff. War scenes are depressing to read about!

    Something in your eye eh? :P

    First I was like: Oh cool, background information about characters.

    Then: awww... :(

    Then: LOL you cried

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may or may not have cried when I first read this a couple of years ago but although it is really, really sad I DIDN'T cry this time!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete