Thursday 6 December 2012

Terrible English From Myself

I really have no idea what I am going to blog about...... I tend to think to myself "I should write in my blog" and then sit staring at the screen for an hour or so thinking about random unrelated things that are floating around in my head. I do that a lot, sit around staring blankly at nothing thinking about things, it's very relaxing. I live a lot in my head, thinking about my future, regretting past actions and thinking up witty replies to conversations that have already happened. I've noticed I'm a lot braver in my imagination than in real life. Man I hate it when I start every sentence with I and I've, it's really uninteresting to read when each sentence starts the same way........ And I repeated 'lot' three sentences in a row......  *facepalm*

On a completely unrelated topic I have been reading a biography of writer Michael Morpurgo titled "War child  to War Horse". It is a fantastic read which opens your eyes to a child who struggled to write two pages on a topic during his school years and the journey to becoming a critically aclaimed author off well over a hundred stories. His life story is fascinating, though depressing in parts, and I would definately recomend reading the book, especially if you have read any of his other titles (e.g. War Horse, Private Peaceful, Arthur, High King of Britain or any of the numerous others). A big thankyou to my brother who bought me this book for my bithday :D You are awesome :)

I haven't quite finnished the afore mentioned book yet but when I do I'm going to begin The Hunchback of Notre Dame which reminds me of a book that I just finished. The Scarlett Pimpernall. This was a thoroughly  enjoyable book which is set during the French Revolution and the dark days of the Guillotiene. Once again it was a fantastic read and told the story of a group of English Gentleman who smuggle French nobles across the channel to the safety of England. Throughout most of the novel you are left in the dark as to who the hero actually is and instead watch the plans of the French to capture him unfold. This creates a  unique sense of suspense which enthralled me and although I did predict who the Scarlett Pimpernell was successfully I was still unsure how he would evade the clutches of his enemy. There is even romance in this book if you need that to enjoy a story so I enthuisiastically recomend this book!!

I'm going to go do something productive, like vacuum my room now.

Ttfn, tah tah for now :)
if you get that reference you're awesome ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment