Thursday 19 April 2012

Playwrite

I really enjoyed hanging out with my Drama teacher and another Drama Factory member at the Botanical Gardens on Monday. We finalized the main ideas for our production.

That was one hours worth of blogging *facepalm*  Come on Reuben concentrate. Think bloggy type thoughts....

It has been a really cool experience being involved in the construction of a play and although we had a very basic template we had to pretty much come up with all the twists and turns that occur during the play ourselves. That was a lot harder then I had expected and it has kinda meant that I haven't thought much about my book that I am attempting to write writing. To prove that I am actually writing it here is the first seven sentences.
 "Although it was already quarter to nine in the morning no sunlight shone down on Thorburn High School. Instead the school grounds were barely illuminated by flickering lights trying to fend off the shadows and guide the schoolkids to the warm, well-lit school building.
One such schoolkid who was desperate to reach the shelter of the school building was Kale Lindop. But it wasn't the sleet or the storm that drove Kale's rush towards shelter. It was the shadows. Or, to be precise, the blood, red eyes that gleamed out of the shadows. The eyes that, when you looked close enough, belonged to a cloaked shape that seemed to be woven from the very shadows it inhabited."
I welcome any comments on what you think about this little section of my book :)


2 comments:

  1. "schoolkid"? I don't know... it just sounds funny.
    Very spooky start - hopefully that was the mood you were trying to create.

    yay for progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like "schoolkid" either but I am not sure what to write instead. I was trying to make it spooky so I'm glad that's how it comes across :)

      Delete