Thursday 5 April 2012

No School!!!!!!! (kinda)

It's the last day of term and I've been thinking about what I want to do these holidays. So I've decided to make a list of my plans.

1) Meet up with my drama teacher to write the script for next term's show together
2) Write enough of my book so that I can actually say I'm writing a book and not just planning on writing a book
3) Get ahead in my schoolwork that I'm a little bit behind in due to my operation and my school books arriving late
4) Find a decent book series to read in my spare time next term

I'm hoping I accomplish them all but I'm not sure about the last one as I've been searching for a long time.......


Rus Challenge days 4-5


Pro 4:1-4  Listen, children, to your father's instruction, and pay attention in order to gain understanding. I give you sound teaching, so do not abandon my instruction. When I was a son to my father, not yet strong and an only son to my mother, he taught me and told me, "Let your heart fully embrace what I have to say; keep my commandments and live!


This chapter talks a lot about not just listening to instructions but "keeping them within your heart". It made me wonder do I put God's, and my parents, instructions in my heart? Like actually valuing them so much that, for example, when I read my Bible I don't just read it but I memorize verses and then think about what I've read and meditate on what God is speaking to me about..... Often I read my Bible and that's it. I've "done" my reading for the day when really God's words should be guiding me all day not just when I feel like reading His Word.


Pro 5:21  Indeed, what a man does is always in the LORD's presence, and he weighs all his paths.

This verse reminds us that no matter what we are doing God is watching. And you can't make excuses because God can see your reasons for why you do things. It also encouraged me because I was reminded that whatever we are doing even when we are sinning or being tempted God is there. He reminded me that no matter what situation we find ourselves in God is ready and waiting to help us.



2 comments:

  1. I know a great book series. It's called 'Cambridge AS Level Subjects' :D Kill 2 birds with one stone!
    Also you have majorly plagiarized my blog design!!!! lol Have a great holidays and don't be as busy as I will be....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog designs???? I think that you will recall that they were MY BLOG DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete