Monday 4 June 2012

Snowflake

I sit down at the computer and decide to blog. So I open Blogger and spend half an hour staring at the screen thinking of things to write but typing nothing. *facepalm*

I think it's because I always overthink my writing. I'm always worried that people won't like what I write. That is one of the main reasons that my book series is still in the 'planning' stage. I know what I want to write and I've actually written a reasonable amount but I've scrapped most of it. So, although I've spent hours working on it, I've only got a few paragraphs of 'official' script.

Just having a bit of a laugh at myself cause I noticed that my first two paragraphs started with "I" and I mentally told myself not to start this paragraph with it. (Notice how by writing that sentence I prevented this blog from having it's first three paragraphs starting with "I"?) :D 

Anyways as I was saying, I really want to have at least a first copy of my manuscript finished by the end of this year. Don't know if that will happen but I'm hoping that it will. I decided to change the climax of my first book because I wasn't very happy wiith how the story flowed and I thought it had too many holes. This gave me an excellent reason to rewrite my entire story plan using the 'Snowflake Method' that I read about on one of the writing blogs I read but don't follow.

The 'Snowflake Method' is a very structured way of preparing your manuscript which I really like because I am a big fan of structure. It also makes sure that you always know what the part of your manuscript you are writing is supposed to accomplish. Which, hopefully, will mean that my manuscript will be completed this year.

Well I'm going to have dinner now. I felt like blogging about something else but, maybe next time.

Have an awesome day/night :D

2 comments:

  1. Your third paragraph is pretty much awesome :P

    I find myself staring at the blogger screen for ages too. I have SO many imcomplete posts.

    Hopefully you finish your manuscript! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can. I will be very disappointed with myself if I don't.

      Delete